Happy 1st Birthday Kaylynn - You bring a lot of joy to our family. On July 1st Max and I ventured out to Kaylynns 1 year pictures taken and to try and get a few shots of them together. I would not call it a total failure but it was not a complete success either. To try and get a one year old and a two year to cooperate at the same time and to be in the perfect spot (because at photo place the kids have to be in an area about 6 inches by 6 inches to get a good lighted picture) was not happening. By the end Max and I were tired, the kids were tired and we just wanted to be done but fortunately we got a few shots that were pretty good. I will post some of the pictures soon.
That night we went to fireworks at Greenfield village with the whole MI family (minus Chelsea) and listened to the Detroit Symphony orchestra. The kids had a blast they both loved the music, ate whatever they wanted, were able to run free outside and were fascinated by the fireworks. It was amazing how much energy both of them had staying up until 11pm when we left.
Unfortunately Max had to work Saturday and Sunday (July 2&3) but the kids and I beat the heat at Grandma's house playing in the sandbox and swimming. They both love the water and swimming and are getting more and more comfortable in the water in their floating inter tubes. On Sunday we went to the fire station and ate dinner with Max and Wyatt was able to get his fix of driving the fire engine and medic.
On the fourth we spent another day playing at the pool and in the sandbox. Grandma also has a mulberry tree in her back yard and the kids loved to eat the mulberries. The berries also make a pretty big mess.
That night we celebrated Kaylynns birthday with her presents and cake. Unfortunately due to all the excitement she had all weekend she was pretty exhausted by the time we opened presents and ate cake but she still had a good time. She got some books, blocks, clothes, balls, a puzzle, sunglasses, a swim hat, a bubble wand and a trike.
As Kaylynn opened her presents it was very tough for Wyatt to watch. He understood these were Kaylynns presents so he said " I share Kaylynns puzzle" or "I share Kaylynns trike" - mind you he does not share much but knew that would be the only way he could maybe play with her new toys.
Kaylynn was wiped out by the time we got to the cake so she got her hands a little messy, kicked her feet in the cake for awhile but then all she wanted was me to hold her and yes of course I was then covered in frosting. O well right that is what laundry is for. All in all she had a great birthday weekend.
Here is my last monkey picture for Kaylynn and I can say I am glad. She is very squirmy. Kaylynn has mastered walking now and this has really allowed her to be more independent and makes playing out a lot more fun. She also has really made great strides in communication she uses sign language and is starting to use words. She signs more, eat and all done. Her first word was kitty (she loves to chase our cats) and then mama. She also says mine -- yes she says mine not sure where she got that one, oh no I do know - thanks Wyatt :). She is working on dada and doggy now. She also started at a new daycare, she got into the CDC on post were Wyatt goes which has been great. Now I only have one stop to make in the mornings and now both kids are only a 5 minutes walk from were I work. Max and I were able to go over to her classroom and celebrate her birthday with cupcakes. Kaylynn loves her brother and wants to do what he does - it is very cute to see them interact. I hope they become great friends. She also loves to tackle him and he is very good about not hitting her which is great he just yells "let go Kaylynn"
She is still being very clingy to her bottle and does not want to transition to a sippy cup but we are working on it and hopefully soon she will take to the sippy cup. I am ready to be done with bottles. She is now on whole milk and loves cheese, blueberries, watermelon, yogurt, bread, bananas, animal crackers, goldfish and noodles. Her personality is really starting to come and when she wants something she wants it now, she is a bit demanding. This has been a great year and look foward to what the next year has in store for our family.
Here are a few more pictures:






Oh my...she's too adorable!
ReplyDelete