Saturday, July 3, 2010

Kaylynn Lee Johnson

Max, Wyatt and I would like to announce the birth of Kaylynn Lee Johnson. Born July 1, 2010 at 1351 and weighed in at 8 lbs 2 oz and 21.25 inches long.

Here is her birth story: As my due date came and went I was really hoping to hold out until July in order to have a ruby birthstone for the baby (as at the time Max and I did not know what we were having). Then on the 30th of June I was ready to be done so I ate spicy Thai food for lunch had a massage which focused on my reproductive pressure points (which did not feel the greatest) and keep active to try and put me into labor. Then on Thursday morning, July 1st, Max and I were up at 530 (ro-sham-bo) and then about 6 I started feeling contractions. I told Max that I thought this was it and he could tell from my reaction to the pain that it was go time. So he got Wyatt ready as I took a long shower and then he took him over to my mom and Michelle. Max and I started to time the contractions about 715 and they were about 2 to 3 minutes apart and were lasting about 45 seconds (some more severe than others). We talked with the doctor and he sent us to the hospital. We arrived at triage at 750 and after the evaluation were sent to labor and delivery. I was handling the contractions pretty well at this point but they were getting more and more severe and I had progressed to 5 cm. We got to labor and delivery at about 830 and then about 925 I got my epidural - what a relief :). The doctor broke my water at about 7cm and then I labored for another few hours and then about 1250 they checked again and said I was ready and would be having the baby soon. We were getting to the exciting part now -- Max and I were going to find out if we we had a daughter or son coming into the world. The babies heart rate was reacting to some of the pushing so they were getting a little concerned and were about to use forceps. I really did not want to have them use any forceps so I really focused on pushing. Finally after a few more pushes they laid my baby on my stomach, but only for a few seconds as there was meconium in the water. As she laid there Max was so overwhelmed with the fact the baby was out he forgot to tell me what we had -- so I said "Max what is it?" That brought him around and after a "deliberate" pause to make sure... He said it was a GIRL!! This was a huge surprise to Max as he was 100% sure we were having a boy. So he was really surprised when he said GIRL!! When I heard it was a girl, I just started to cry. I was so happy to have her here.

I love this picture of Kaylynn's feet in Max's hands -- Daddy's little girl.
Wyatt really does not know what to think of her yet -- he really just looks at her but does not react to her yet. However, when he does come close to her he is a little rough since he does not know how to be gentle yet. I think our first family picture turned out pretty good.

5 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful and you are so blessed. I am so happy for you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! She is absolutely adorable. I am happy that all went well and both you and baby are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Baby Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And... That is a really nice family shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauty:-) Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you guys that you had a girl. Obviously I am bias to girls, just a little:-) Hope everyone is adjust well and that you are doing good!

    ReplyDelete